Well many AdSense publishers are making $10,000 a month and some are even making $10,000 a day...
... so what's the secret to making money with AdSense?
Well, whilst many people are making well in excess of 5 figures every month without having to do much at all, there are also those who are probably not even making enough to cover their monthly web hosting costs.
So why are some people so successful and others not, I hear you ask.
Well here are just two of the key factors that can influence your AdSense earning potential, which are the following;
- Positioning, size, color and blending of ads
Both of the above factors need to be addressed, tweaked and maximized to ensure that you reach your AdSense earning potential.
Furthermore the amount you can earn per click varies according to a number of factors but Google, of course, keeps a great deal of secrecy regarding how much AdWords advertisers pay per each click directed to their site and the same applies for how much AdSense banner holders make from their websites.
There are also stories of AdSense publishers who are exceeding $100,000.00 per month, however if you have a small website and you just want it to support itself, you can probably do this with your AdSense earnings.
Getting back to the factors that can influence your AdSense earning potential, the following is what AdSense thrives on;
- Sites that provide value A site that is sticky that people will stay on because it is informative and interesting to the site visitor
- Content A site that has lots of content that provides value. Therefore sites with many pages all providing good value for their visitors. This is also search engine fodder, ie search engines love sites with lots of content which means that the pages could rank well in the serps and therefore attract more traffic and get more AdSense clicks.
- Updated ContentSites that have content that is updated regularly or new content that is added often will interest the search engines and increase the site's popularity which will get more visitors and AdSense clicks.
- Site TopicObviously your site's theme or topic should be reasonably popular because if the topic has no interest you will not only get few visitors but there may be no AdWords advertisers for Google to provide AdSense ads for. Therefore you will need to get the right balance as the very popular topics may be too competitive which will make it difficult for a new site to get enough traffic.
Apart from the traffic issue there is the position and number of ads on your website that will also influence your AdSense revenue. While you don't want to overdo it, having many links will undoubtedly generate more income for you as a webmaster. Do not however believe, that if you just add a lot of ads in an important portion of your site, visitors could always just skip them (and be assured that many do just that).
There's something between an art and a science to positioning your ads. People generally look in certain places and never look in others, and knowing this a website author and/or webmaster can do a great deal of things to increase his earnings with AdSense.
In conclusion Google's AdSense program has provided many people a way of making a more than decent living online - it is so easy and can be run on auto pilot.